Thursday, February 10, 2011

Purpose Driven Life

     Have you ever pondered the questions of What is the meaning of life or What is my purpose in life?  If you have I'm here to say that you are not the only one who has.  I believe each one of us has a purpose in life.  We were all put here on earth for a reason.  The hardest part is figuring out what your purpose truly is.

     There was a time that I truly thought my sole purpose in life was to make others look good.  The whole time I was growing up I fumbled and bumbled through everything.  I was very accident prone which is evident from the scars all over my body from stitches, broken bones and skin grafts.  As much as I fumbled and screwed up I always tended to make others look like they were so much better at what ever it was we were doing.  As much as that occurred, I just figured that's what I was put on this earth to do.  Make others lookk good.

     To everything, there is a reason.  And a time for every purpose under heaven.  To find what each of our purposes are we need to turn to heaven to see what the man up stairs has to say about that.  God has put forth hundreds of laws, ten commandments and yet only one thing that he requires of us.  That is to do justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.  God put us all on this earth for His glory.  We are to spread His word to every tribe, every tongue and every nation.  We are to love one another through the good works that we do for one another and we are to love the Lord our  God with all our mind, all our soul and all of our strength.  If we would do these things then I believe we would have found the purpose for us to have been put on this Earth.... For go's enjoyment.

     We also need to find a job a vocation in life.  They say if you find the one thing that you enjoy the most in life and get paid for doing it then you never have to actually work a day in your life.  In order to do all the things that God wants us to do for Him and even the things that we want to do that give us pleasure, we still need to have money.  The key is to find the job that you can get into that you can get the most enjoyment out of an fulfillment from.  The business of making money is your job.  But that is not your purpose.  That is merely a means of financing your purpose.  Our purpose in life is our life's work.  Our life's work is loving each other, evagelizing for God, descipling others for God and in the process, worshiping God.  There is a difference in doing your job and doing your work.  Your job brings you money and your work brings you true joy and true fulfillment of your purpose.  We need to do the work that God put us on this earth for because that is our true purpose in life.  We were wonderfully and fearfully made, so we should return the blessing of the life that God gave to us back to Him in praise by doing what it is that He purposed for us to do.  I thank God every day for all the blessings He gives me and I return every one of those blessings back to Him in praise.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment